Learn about the Rebuilders Support Group here
The Rebuilding program was first created by Dr. Bruce Fisher in Boulder, Colorado. While getting his masters degree he created the first version of the Fisher Divorce Adjustment Scale, which is now the standard measure of how well people are adjusting to divorce. You can take it for FREE here on our website (see below).
The founder of the Rebuilders program was Dr. Bruce Fisher (1931-1998). He was born in Iowa but spent most of his adult life in Boulder, Colorado. He was a popular divorce therapist, author, teach and a Clinical Member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. As he worked with clients dealing with divorce he realized that traditional therapy didn't work efficiently. He began working with his clients in groups and eventually found that there are 19 "steps" that people must work through to effectively "Rebuild" their lives. From this work he wrote the book "Rebuilding When Your Relationship Ends." We still use this book as a reference in our classes. Since he wrote the book over 30 years ago we have learned a lot and the program has evolved considerably. Now we find that there are more "steps" and that there are some elements that Dr. Fisher wasn't aware of or misunderstood. However, he still created a powerful foundation for the program that we run today.
The Fisher Divorce Adjustment Scale, affectionately referred to as the FDAS, is a 100 question survey that measures a person's adjustment in 6 key categories. It also provides an "overall" score of a person's current adjustment to the loss of a love relationship in their life. The questions are primarily directed to people that are clearly headed for divorce, in the divorce process, or are already divorced. When a person takes the test there is a raw score that gets generated for each category and overall. Then the scores are compared to all of the other people that have taken the test. This is the key, it gives a very solid score of how are YOU doing compared to others that have taken the test. Over the last 40 years THOUSANDS of people have taken the test. Having this many "data points" helps us accurately understand how well you are doing. Keep in mind that we consider it an "emotional weather report". It changes day to day a bit but we have seen historically that your overall score won't change much over time UNTIL YOU DO THE WORK. It is a common myth that it just takes time to heal after divorce. The test shows that this simply isn't true. Time scabs over the wounds of divorce. In order to truly heal you must treat the wound.
Your thinking, mindset, beliefs,, and values all influence how you respond to the traumatic experience of divorce. We show you how 95% of people think and how the other 5% think. We show you how you can step outside of the normal trap that keeps people stuck.
Many people suppress, depress, or repress their feelings. Divorce brings so many "difficult" feelings. We give you tools to work through them, use them, and feel the "good" feelings again.
In marriages people "lose" themselves. When the marriage ends they don't know who they are as a single person. We help you connect with yourself so that you can be comfortable being alone in your own skin.
Rebuilders International, LLC
All Rights Reserved © Copyright 2023
DISCLAIMER: The student results stated anywhere on this website are individual data points and are not guaranteed. Every student will have different results, and we are not implying that you will duplicate them. We have the benefit of providing support to people for over 10 years. The average person who simplyl purchases any "how-to" program may not follow through on what they are being taught and because of that we cannot guarantee any specific result. We are using these references for example purposes only. Individual results will vary and depend on many factors including but not limited to background, experience, and work ethic. All growth entails risk as well as the need for self care and regulation. If you are not willing to accept that, this is not for you.